Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Parenting 101






Parenting 101
Successful Parents are . . .
Not perfect; They make mistakes, but observe and learn from both their own, and the mistakes of others.
· Personally involved with teaching and training their children. They know God holds only the parents solely responsible for overseeing their child's moral and spiritual development.
· Praying and studying for the job of parenting! They form their ideas about child discipline from a disciplined and prayerful consideration of Bible principles -- not from popular but unproven humanistic ideas!
· Refusing to delegate their God-given responsibilities for their own children to the state, the church, or others.
· Taking personal charge of their children's spiritual education to make sure they receive proper Biblical instruction.



I received this info. from ChristianParents.net. I think it is really spot on and hope that I can always implement these qualities into my parenting. I would hope that it becomes habit.
I think that if I do want to learn form my own mistakes, I need to have daily parenting reflection.
What did I do wrong today?
What could I have done better today?



Lord, how can I better a better child to You..therefore making me a better parent to them?
And prayer. I must never forget the awesome power of prayer, and how much I need it in my parenting journey.
(Written in March of 2007 from my previous journal)


This seamed to be the issue of the day today. It was a hot topic at Bible study, and then on my mind at home. I, like every other parent, want the best for my children. My greatest hope is that they have a relationship with the Lord. I believe if they have that, everything will fall into place.



I sat at Bible study and observed other parenting styles, and for the first time ever, didn't feel the need to judge. I know I have discussed this before... but I really trust that the women in my study are good, Christian women, and I feel that their motivations are good. It was refreshing to see how different we are, but how we are all the same at the core. Its that love of Jesus that bonds us.


Anywho, I am exhausted, as Chad is not home until late. God Bless you and yours-

Amanda

No comments: